You have questions. Here are the facts.
People from various walks of life – including teachers, health professionals, business executives, and stay-at-home moms – are among the thousands who share Juice Plus+ with others. Juice Plus+ representatives sell the product through a unique business model called the Juice Plus+ Virtual Franchise. The facts below answer frequently asked questions about Juice Plus+.
No. Juice Plus+ is sold through a unique business model called the Juice Plus+ Virtual Franchise that combines aspects of several types of businesses. While the Virtual Franchise employs a compensation model adapted from network marketing – sometimes called multilevel marketing, or MLM – it is more closely akin to the franchise business model in many respects.
- Similar to a franchise, the Juice Plus+ Virtual Franchise offers entrepreneurs the opportunity to sell established branded products through a market-proven system supported by a corporate office. The Juice Plus+ Virtual Franchise does not include the large franchise fees and other investments required by traditional brick-and-mortar franchise businesses, however.
- Traditional multilevel marketing (MLM) programs have a primary, usually even single-minded focus on recruiting people into the business, instead of focusing on marketing the products to the end-consumer – especially those programs that might be considered an “MLM business scam.” Unlike MLMs, Juice Plus+ emphasizes selling a product, not recruiting people to participate in the business behind it. As evidence of this, more than 90 percent of Juice Plus+ product sales are to people who are not actively involved in the Juice Plus+ business.
Juice Plus+ recognizes that not everyone is interested in selling Juice Plus+. For those who are interested in the business, Juice Plus+ has provided information on how to become part of the Virtual Franchise on a separate, business-related web site.
- MLM programs typically involve requirements to purchase product inventory in order to make money. Juice Plus+ representatives are not required to purchase any product inventory, because the company ships directly to the consumer when orders are placed. In addition, the company closely monitors purchases of the product by representatives to ensure that they are not accumulating product.
- “MLM business scams” usually position themselves as “get-rich-quick” opportunities. The Juice Plus+ Virtual Franchise is marketed as a part-time business based on sharing information about health and nutrition and developing lasting relationships with customers. As with any business, the most successful representatives have dedicated their time and effort to gain the trust and respect of their customers.
- Just like other businesses, the Juice Plus+ Virtual Franchise provides full-time Juice Plus+ representatives who have reached the highest level of leadership in the company access to many of the same benefits that corporate employees receive, including health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, dental insurance, a family tuition fund, and a year-end bonus.
Yes. Juice Plus+ is used and recommended by a large and growing number of doctors and other health professionals, many of whom offer it to their patients or clients as Juice Plus+ representatives.
Yes. There are thousands of Juice Plus+ representatives in more than 20 countries around the world. They come from all kinds of backgrounds – from teachers to business executives and stay-at-home moms.
Like growing numbers of products and services today, Juice Plus+ is sold directly to consumers rather than through traditional retail outlets. This gives consumers the opportunity to have conversations with Juice Plus+ representatives to fully understand the product before buying. The Virtual Franchise system also allows the company to invest money in the people who share the product rather than spending money on advertising and other expenses typically associated with selling a product in stores.
Yes – if you want. Juice Plus+ offers an automatic reorder option called the Juice Plus+ Preferred Customer Program, but this is not the only way customers can purchase Juice Plus+ products. The Preferred Customer Program allows customers to receive a full carton of Juice Plus+ – representing a four-month supply, based on recommended usage – while only being charged for the product a month at a time. Under this program, subsequent cartons of Juice Plus+ are automatically shipped every four months unless the customer chooses to alter the timing of his or her order or cancel it entirely.
Customers can also buy Juice Plus+ one carton at a time, without electing to participate in the automatic reorder option. The vast majority of customers choose to take advantage of the convenience and cost savings of the Preferred Customer Program, however.